Sunday, January 19, 2014

"All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow."

The moon was unveiled by the shadows and clouds looming in the sky. Opalescent as the glowing light of a waning gibbous, against the dark azure night sky grew darker. My heart, always in a state of waxing, hopes this serves as an omen of goodness and light ahead

I dreamt of Bottecelli angels flying above my head, as I slept their cool wings beat and a few feathers fall, landing on my bed. These sacred omens, these silent whispers

Winter for me is not snowflakes nor walks through the woods. It is not rainy skies and birdsong. However, as these few glimpses of photographic points can tell, it has been filled with paintbrushes and artistic nourishment, dawn to dusk and bloom - as well as growth. Growth is never easy but an inevitable lesson. Like the seasons that morph and change, we must adapt to the transitions that come our way, learn to be there for one another. In a world with so many individuals and strangers - do we not owe it to ourselves and others to give benevolence, whole heartedly?

The stars had only one task: 
They taught me how to read.
They taught me I had a language in heaven and another language on earth.


owl eyes
une livre
deux biche
words
stag
Foxes and love
dusk
autumn
cereal and comics
knit


I get out of bed, go over to the window, and look at the night sky. And think about time that can never be regained. I think of rivers, of tides. Forests and water gushing out. Rain and lightning. Rocks and shadows. All of these are in me.
— Haruki Murakami 

7 comments:

  1. Your art is so beautiful and coupled with your writing, it tells such a wonderful story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, as usual. I wonder if you read your daily horoscope online (or via apps)? Which site would you say gives accurate — or at least, useful readings? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and art. And that quote in the beginning...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos and blog
    have a great weekend

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I love your blog so much I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please check out my blog to see: http://allofmydayswithyou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award-2014-my-second.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your photos.. there are something magical about them.

    ReplyDelete